Sunday, March 21, 2010

Velvet rose

It seems like I'm in a sort of origami-competition here. My youngest sister once surprised me by telling me her boss is also into origami. His favorites to fold are flowers and bugs/animals. She showed me a picture of an origami bouquet he made that now adorns his office and from to look of that I was quite impressed.

I made her a mini K-rose (like the one in the Birthday-bouquet) to give to her boss to show him what I am capable of. In return he gave me the rose pictured below. It's made of velvet paper in a pretty shade of red and when I first saw it, I thought it to be a real rose :-).
Unfortunately this picture does not show the best side of the rose. In real it's much nicer.

I sacrificed a kusudama as a sort of a thank you for the rose. After my sister gave it to him she told him she now expects him to come up with something spectacular to 'beat' my kusudama.


Well, I don't have an origami bug... yet... ;-)




No comments:

Post a Comment